Union Vale Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
CIT Program (Counselors In Training)
The Town of Union Vale is hopeful that we will be able to provide a fun and exciting summer experience for your children.
PLEASE REGISTER FOR "CIT Program - INITIAL PLACEMENT" in order to be eligible for attending any camp session
...CIT Campers will then be placed by a staff member in their preferred session (upon availability) and parents will be contacted to confirm the starting date for their child.
Participants who have completed 8th grade and up may register for the CIT Program. The system will automatically roll up Grades on June 1st.
A MANDATORY TRAINING WILL BE HELD on JUNE 8th from 4pm-6pm for those registered for the program.
What is the CIT Program?
The CIT program works to build skills, beginning with observation and asking questions, to leading games and activities independently.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Your first-choice session is not guaranteed and is based on availability. Continuing sessions in the CIT program are dependent upon availability and CIT performance.
- You will be contacted after registration to confirm the session in which the CIT will be placed. This will be done on an ongoing basis, as spaces are available before summer begins.
- The CIT program runs in two-week sessions in conjunction with the Summer Day Camp schedules.
- Learning experiences include: instruction, observation, supervision, and volunteer work.
- The object of the program is to prepare students for future employment as camp counselors.
- Additional sessions may be available and will be given to CITs who show the most potential of becoming future employees of the Union Vale Parks and Recreation Department.
- Participation in the CIT program REQUIRES that participants attend every day of the two-week session, including the camp trip day-either on premise or on trip (*camp trip is extra cost).
- CITs must arrive no later than 9 am and stay until 4 pm each camp day. CITs may arrive earlier for Pre-Care or stay later for Post-Care, but expectations of their role remain the same.
2021 Session Dates:
Session 1 - June 28, 2021 - July 9, 2021 (NO CAMP ON MONDAY JULY 5TH)
Session 2 - July 12, 2021 - July 23, 2021
Session 3 - July 26, 2021 - August 6, 2021
Session 4 - August 9, 2021 - August 20, 2021
Please call the Park Office at 845-724-5691 for any questions.
Park Office opens at 9 am, M-F.
All required COVID protocols will be followed
Additional Forms and Files:
Log In to Register
CIT Program - INITIAL PLACEMENT
8 - 12
06/28/2021 - 08/20/2021
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
$120.00 Res, $150.00 Non-Res
***You will be notified soon regarding which session your CIT will be placed in, according to your selected preference*** NO CAMP ON MONDAY JULY 5TH